Neenah-Menasha Fire Rescue has a continuous application process through National Testing Network. Applications are being accepted for hiring in 2024. Application deadlines are due August 31, 2023 to establish our eligibility list for hiring.
Our minimum hiring requirements are:
- Minimum age of 18 years old.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Associate degree in related field.
- EMT Basic
- Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
- NIMS 100, 200, 700 & 800.
- Wisconsin Certification in: Firefighter 1, Firefighter II, Driver/Operator – Pumper, Driver/Operator – Aerial, Fire Inspector 1, Haz Mat Operations.
- Wisconsin Fire Officer 1 certification is preferred but not required.
- Fire Officer I and SCUBA/PADI are preferred but not required.
- Preference points are given to previous NMFR interns and military veterans.
Tobacco/nicotine use is prohibited. Employment offers are made contingent upon passing a swim test, physical, drug screen, audiogram and background check.
To apply for our department visit National Testing Network’s website at www.nationaltestingnetwork.com or to create an account https://nationaltestingnetwork.com/publicsafetyjobs/candidate/candidate-registration.cfm
Why choose NMFR?
|Salary Information||Starting January 1, 2024, minimum salary is $52,173.00. Annual step increases based on Labor Agreement. After three years of employment salary will be $63,949.00. Previous full-time firefighting experience will be taken into consideration and receives credit for starting at a higher rate.|
|Benefit Information||Vacation/ 9 – paid holidays/3 personal days
Sick leave/Funeral Leave/FMLA/Compensatory Time
Wisconsin Retirement System Pension Plan
Free Employee Wellness Clinic
Employer sponsored Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and option to participate in a flexible spending account.
Annual clothing allowance
Annual First Responder Pay
“California” Plan, based on a nine-day cycle.